Rotary International for the last 111 years have been serving the humanity across the globe through its mission which ” is to enable Rotarians custome writing to advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through the improvement of health, the support of education, and the alleviation of poverty.”
PDG Muhammad Faiz Kidwai
PDG Aziz Memon
PDG Muhammad Saeed Shamsi
District Literacy Chair 3272
Rotary Pakistan Literacy Mission (RPLM) aims at achieving higher rate of literacy through collaborative projects with various bodies across Pakistan including government, thus enabling the nation achieve higher standards of education at par with global education systems and teaching levels.
RPLM MISSION STATEMENT
“TOTAL LITERACY AND QUALITY EDUCATION IN PAKISTAN.”
ROTARY T.E.A.C.H. PROGRAM
In light of our vision, we through our Rotarian have established pedagogies to enhance the understanding and comprehension of education level in Pakistan and to support the international literacy objectives bringing it at par with the leading nations of the world.
We have designed the T.E.A.C.H. program to inculcate precise modern teaching methodologies developed by seasoned academicians and professionals after extensive research and introduce the same in the current system and over time improve & upgrade it.
The program aims at introducing these contemporary pedagogy techniques so as to increase literacy level and deliver quality education.
T.E.A.C.H. program revolves around five “areas of focus”, each with specific emphasis but inter-linked with the others in objective and content so as to contribute to the whole program and goal of Total Literacy and be an adjunct to bringing improvement in learning outcome of tertiary education and broaden adult literacy across the country.
To successfully accomplish our mission we will partner with government, corporate entities, NGO’s as well as international organizations in a variety of segments country-wide.
We must reach every individual / organization that desires to promote quality education and are very much committed in increasing education standards in the country and can contribute towards “Rotary Pakistan Literacy Mission”.
Teacher support is an essential element of T.E.A.C.H. program and its main focus is to assist the government in enduring its efforts to improve professional aptitude and performance of teachers at tertiary level through better training and use of modern teaching aids resulting in enhancement in students learning outcomes.
- Registration & training of volunteers for extending ancillary support to existing teachers and as well as teaching in selected primary/secondary schools.
- Train existing teachers.
- Periodic evaluation and appraisal of teachers.
- District / National Level recognitions.
- Provision of employment or stipend for volunteers.
- Continuous teacher training through workshops, training sessions, seminars, conferences, e-Learning and further education.
With the advancement in digital arena imparting quality education has become much easier along with delivering interactive, immersive experience and richer contents thus bequeathing curriculum-based e-learning modules. These e-learning modules will enhance knowledge absorptions-retention and critical thinking abilities of children in schools.
- Establishment of e-learning centers in schools
- Provision of e-learning kits.
- Support teachers in learning and understanding new techniques.
- Development of customized software’s for each curriculum modules in both local and English language will be the responsibility of the government responsibility with RPLM extending the required expertise if required.
- Providing tablets in remote areas
- Support e-learning in schools with multimedia and backup power.
Adult literacy is an important element in increasing literacy the focus is to educate untutored adults both in urban and rural areas and imparting skill development trainings. This will be achieved through government assistance.
- Establish adult literacy centers.
- Promote e-learning.
- Support and guide creation of ‘Self Learning Groups’
- Contribution of Rotarians, their Spouses, Rotaractors and Interactors as Volunteers.
- Effective use of social media as a instrument to augment our objective.
- Education and vocational training to housewives and girls residing in low line areas.
- Practical learning through
- Vocational training
- Basic education in math’s, business fundamentals, computer skills etc
- Promote ‘Learning for Earning’
- On job professionals will benefit from Accelerated Learning modules
- Functional literacy as defined for UNESCO.
A child’s cognitive development during early childhood includes building skills such as pre-reading, language, vocabulary, and numeric. We will focus on overall intellectual development and growth of a child. This help in providing evenhanded access to academic and non-academic activities to the school children
- Particular emphasis will be given to
- Children of prisoners
- Children of migrant workers
- Children in orphan houses
- Reduce drop out ratio and encourage children to rejoin school.
- Scholarships to meritorious children
- Support for differently abled children
- Provide requisite training to teachers and encourage them in providing extra care to children with special needs.
- Promote participation of children in extra and co-curricular activities.
All educators know that the atmosphere within a school contributes as much to the success of the student as the curriculum. More importantly, it has a great more bearing on whether or not a child develops a love for learning. We are committed to upgrading schools infrastructure and scholastic facilities making them more smart and blissful learning & teaching environment for students and teachers alike.
- Painted and well maintained school buildings.
- Proper classroom environment furnished smart furniture and teaching aids
- Clean and hygienic toilets.
- Clean and filtered drinking water.
- Upgrading science & computer labs, library and teachers room.
- Provision of Uniform and footwear.
We are committed to providing at par tertiary education across Pakistan and are unswerving in our mission. We extend the invitation to join T.E.A.C.H. program to all individuals and organization COME JOIN US in achieving “TOTAL LITERACY AND QUALITY EDUCATION IN PAKISTAN.”
” font_size=”40″ m_bottom=”20″ max_width=”800″ m_left=”auto” m_right=”auto” line_height=”1.53486em” color=”#ffffff”]